Cold cuts and cheeses board
During holidays or in occasion of a dinner or a buffet, it can result into an easy, tasty and appetizing choice to prepare an awesome cold cuts and cheeses board, to be enjoyed with some good Tonnino Nero d'Avola IGP Terre Siciliane.
Since the ingredients do not require to be processed or cooked, we will just give you some good advice on how to prepare the perfect cold cuts and cheeses board, leaving you to decide what cold cuts, cheeses and veggies to combine together, depending on the culinary traditions of your area or just according to your tastes.
- First of all it is very important to use wooden plates or cutting boards on which you will lay down the cold cuts and the cheeses, since the wood releases a bit of its scent to the food and keeps everything humid to perfection. For some dryer cold cuts and cheeses, stone or porcellain trays can also be used.
- It is fundamental that all the ingredients are perfectly dry. If you are planning to serve marinated or pickled veggies, for example, you will need to dry them carefully with some blotting paper.
- Sliced bread needs to be put on the sides of the board, so that it won't absorb any flavor.
- Also the thickness of the cold cuts is very important, since it can influence the perception of some important shades of taste. Parma ham, for example, should be sliced as thin as possible, while a soft cheese can be left uncut or coarsely cut.
- Dips and mustards need to be put in small cups.
Whether you choose to serve tasty or delicate cold cuts and cheeses, our suggestion is to enjoy this course with a good glass of Tonnino Nero d'Avola IGP Terre Siciliane.